Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Prayer

It is 5:48 on March 16th and I am once again struck with an overwhelming need to pray for the child that will be mine some day. It is comforting to know that prayers are answered across oceans. I pray that God protects my child, blesses his mother and keeps them both safe. I can not imagine what she (the first mother) is going through.

Is she sick?
Is she hungry?
Is she aware that there is a white mother that prays for her often?
Does she already know that she will have to give him up?
Or has she already let him go?

So many questions...so many more emotions.

As much love that I feel for the child I have never met, I feel sorrow for his first mother. My heart goes to her and what she has given us. I pray that her journeys find our God, so that we may all dance together one day. What joy I will have to know that they will be reunited. What an honor I will have to raise him up on this earth.
My heart is so overwhelmed to pray.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel Tama, even though our road is somewhat different. I often wonder about the child that will one day be ours. Prayers is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete